Recipe: Spanish Sangria
I thought I might do something different and suggest a summer drink that is not only simple to concoct but easy for when friends drop in. Spanish Sangria just happens to be one of those drink that tosses household ingredients and results in something spectacular. I do not use lemonade or tonic in this, leaving the red wine and orange juice to speak for itself with the fruits.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Drinks
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 750ml red wine, vegan
- 1 litre orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 small cucumber
- 100g strawberry
- 1 orange
- small bunch of mints
- Filtered ice for serving
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the red wine and orange juice.
- Cut the orange and cucumber into small segments and toss in with the sliced strawberry. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving jug and add the mint.
- When ready to serve, add ice to the glass before pouring in the Sangria.