Cherry Clafoutis is another one of my party recipes and one that delights guests. Nowadays, I simply enjoy this recipe when I have a quiet moment to myself as the longer days of Spring roll in. What I love about this Cherry Clafoutis is the Marsala Wine which brings a richness to the dessert, textured with the semolina
- 400g cherries
- 1tsp Irish moss
- 25g raw unrefined cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 100g semolina
- 4tbs Marsala Wine
- 150ml filtered water
- Pistachio nuts
- Destone the cherries. Set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, grind the Irish moss. Add in the sugar and salt, whizz for a few seconds. Add in the semolina. Whizz until smooth. Place the dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Add in the Marsala Wine and combine with a spatula. Then add the filtered water.
- Place the Clafoutis mixture at the bottom of a pyrex dish. Add in the cherries.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the crust turns into a light golden colour.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Garnish with pistachio nuts