Vegan Cherry Clafoutis
Vegan Cherry Clafoutis was a trial and error endeavour. In my original recipe a few years back I had used semolina but this time I wanted to created something gluten-free and not overly cooked. For this Vegan Cherry Clafoutis I use ground almonds and oats with Marsala wine thrown in to add some subtle richness. I only use a hint of lemon zest which lifts this Vegan Cherry Clafoutis. Enjoy!
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Vegan Dessert, Vegan Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, glutenfree, gf
- 400g cherries
- Dry ingredients
- 60g oats, ground
- 60g almonds, ground
- Wet ingredients
- 6tbs Marsala wine
- 100ml maple syrup
- 240ml filtered water
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- zest of ⅛ lemon
- 1tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Pit the cherries. Place in a blender and roughly chop for a few seconds.
- Combine the oats and almonds together in a mixing bowl. Set to one side.
- Separately combine the wet ingredients in a blender. Add to the dry ingredients.
- Line a pyrex dish with oil and place the cherries at the bottom. Drizzle the clafoutis mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and serve warm or cold if you prefer.