Wild Mushroom Pate
I recently served this at a dinner party and the guests wanted me to publish the recipe. So, here we are.... Wild Mushroom Pate.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 50g coconut oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves (of india)
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 50g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2tbs sherry vinegar
- ½ lemon, juice
- Season to taste
- Saute the shallots with the cloves, garlic and mushroom in oil under a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the shallots and mushrooms soften and reduce in size.
- Switch off the heat and remove the cloves.
- Place the shallot and mushroom mixture into a food processor. Roughly chop the mixture.
- Switch off the processor and add the vinegar and lemon juice and season to taste.
- The pate is ready to serve.
- Top tip – if you are not intending to serve straightway, place into a bowl with cling film on top ensuring no air gets to the pate – this way it will retain its freshness.