Spicy Sumac Mustard Jackfruit Curry
Spicy Sumac Mustard Jackfruit Curry is a dish that I had been intending to share at both Vegan Life Live and at Mind Body Spirit but the cooking demonstrations were cancelled recently. Instead, I thought I would share this dish here. This is actually a variation of my spicy jackfruit curry dish I usually do – here I use oats – this is such a terrific binder and inexpensive too. I love the flavours that sumac and mustard bring to this dish. And, I prefer to have my pepper, beans and chilli fresh – the raw taste and textures meld with the rest of this dish.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Vegan, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 225g jackfruit
- 650ml filtered water
- 50g oats
- Seasoning ingredients
- 1tbs sumac
- 1tbs mustard
- ½ inch fresh turmeric
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 1tsb coriander powder
- 1tbs cumin powder
- 1tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice
- Pinch of salt and peppercorns
- ½ fresh chilli
- ½ pepper, chopped
- 100g green beans, chopped
- Small bunch of coriander leaves and stalks, chopped
- Break the jackfruit pieces using the back of a fork.
- Place the water with oats in a large saucepan and bring to a medium heat. Stir continuously until the oats start to thicken.
- Add the seasoning ingredients together with the jackfruit. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- As you serve sprinkle with the chilli, beans and pepper and garnish with coriander leaves.