- 640g sweet potatoes
- 125g cocoa butter (or coconut oil)
- 150g dates
- 75g cocoa nibs
- 150g walnuts, finely chopped
- Peel the sweet pototoes. Place overnight in the freezer.
- The following day, defrost the potatoes.
- Once defrosted, the potatoes can be finely chopped in a food processor.
- Finely ground the cocoa nibs.
- Place the dates into a chopped and chop finely. Do the same thing with the walnuts.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Leave the bites to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• Very low in sodium
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Writer of “The Beginner’s Survival Guide to Veganism” to be published June 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Lightworker | Presenter of “The Urban Forager”| Chef | Columnist | Corporate Commercial TMT Solicitor | Outgoing Chair, The Vegan Society
Subscribe to the EthiVegan channel – www.youtube.com/ethivegan
For more information about Edward, Meet the author – http://www.ethivegan.com/meet-the-author-edward-daniel/