- 50ml water
- 16g yeast
- 200g raw unrefined sugar cane
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 125g coconut oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 cardamoms
- 300g zucchini, grated
- 100g almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 10-inch rectangle loaf cake tin with oil and greaseproof paper.
- In a food mixer, beat the sugar, lime juice, salt, water and yeast until smooth. Set to one side for 20 minutes.
- In a grinder ground the ginger and seeds of the cardamoms. Add to the bowl.
- Sift in the flour. Continuing whizzing for a couple of minutes until combined. Then add the oil and lime zest and whizz until well combined.
- Finally, add the zucchini and almonds and whizz for about a minute.
- Place the zucchini mixture into the tin and place some foil over the top. Cook for about 45 minutes until a knife in the centre comes out clean.
- Use a knife around the side of the cake tin. Gently remove and place on a wire wrack. Allow to cool.
- Serve the cake.
• No cholesterol
• Very low in sodium
• Low in sugar
• High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here