- 375g buckwheat groats
- 100ml water
- 250g dates
- 60g unrefined sugar
- 50g coconut flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 750g oat cream
- 3tsp yacon syrup
- 1vanilla pod, ground
- 150g blueberries
- Soak the buckwheat in water and leave overnight. Leave aside.
- The following day, soak the dates in water. Leave to one side.
- In a food processor place buckwheat, dates with water, sugar and coconut flakes. Whizz and place into separate bowls or large serving bowl.
- Grind the cinnamon stick and mix with oat cream, yacon syrup and vanilla pod.
- Drizzle the oat cream mixture on top.
- Garnish with blueberries.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• Very high in sugar
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society