- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g peanuts
- 2tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbs organic tamari sauce
- ½ juice of lime
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the seeds in filtered water.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Using a pastry brush, brush over the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you are able to slide a knife through the potato with ease. Set to one side.
- Drain the water from the seeds.
- Place the peanuts into a food processor and roughly chop.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into cubes. Sauté the potatoes in the olive oil for a couple of minutes. Toss in the seeds and peanuts. Continue frying until the potatoes start to brown. Switch of the heat.
- Add the tamari sauce and lime juice.
- Season to taste.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society