Pumpkin and Orange Soup
Pumpkin and Orange Soup came about purely because I was out with my flatmate, Rin and we stumbled upon this quaint grocery shop in Shoreditch. Laden with pumpkins and oranges I decided to make a purchase. I thought I might some tarragon to add some flavour and freshness. Back home I dished up some soup for us and it was lush.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 1kg pumpkin
- 1tbs coconut oil, odourless (if possible)
- 1 onion,
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750ml filtered water
- ½ orange, juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Few sprigs of tarragon
- Sprouted beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pumpkin in an ovenproof dish and baste on the coconut oil.
- Bake the pumpkin in the oven for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled, peel off the skin and remove the seeds.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes until the onion turns translucent. Add the pumpkin and water. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and set to one side for a few minutes.
- Place the broth into a blender in batches and whizz till a fine consistency. Return to the saucepan.
- Squeeze juice of half an orange and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with tarragon and sprouted beans.
- Serve with bread.