- 1kg pumpkin
- 1tbs coconut oil, odourless (if possible)
- 1 onion,
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750ml filtered water
- ½ orange, juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Few sprigs of tarragon
- Sprouted beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pumpkin in an ovenproof dish and baste on the coconut oil.
- Bake the pumpkin in the oven for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled, peel off the skin and remove the seeds.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes until the onion turns translucent. Add the pumpkin and water. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat and set to one side for a few minutes.
- Place the broth into a blender in batches and whizz till a fine consistency. Return to the saucepan.
- Squeeze juice of half an orange and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with tarragon and sprouted beans.
- Serve with bread.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef