Raw Sundried Tomato Bladderwrack Crackers
Raw Sundried Tomato and Bladderwrack Crackers came about because I had purchased a dehydrator and felt I needed to increase my portfolio of recipe creation. What I love about this dish is that not only is it raw but you get the distinctive flavours of the sundried tomatoes mixed with the nutty flavours of the bladderwrack. The sunflower seeds add texture too.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Sides, Snack, Starter
Cuisine: Vegan, Raw, Wholefoods, Paleovegan
- 150g flaxseeds, ground
- 500ml filtered water
- 45g bladderwrack, rehydrated
- 1tbs rosemary, chopped finely
- 80g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- Soak the flaxseeds in filtered water overnight or for at least 12 hours. The flaxseeds should turn gloopy.
- Using a sharp knife cut finely chop the bladderwrack and place with the flaxseeds, and remaining ingredients.
- Take two trays from the dehydrator and using the back of spatulata pour out half the mixture to each and gently smooth over towards the edges.
- Place in a dyhydrator for about 12 hours setting at 42 degrees. Turn over the crackers after about 6 hours.
- Remove and break the crackers and store in a cool dark place.