- 1kg pumpkin flesh, chopped
- 900g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 250g cranberries
- 150g sultanas
- 1 medium apple, skinned and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450ml malt vinegar
- 150ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 8 grapes, juice
- 25g rock or sea salt
- 1tsp ground pepper (I use red pepper but any will do)
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 4 bay leaves
- 400g tomatoes
- 6tbs olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Combine well. Cover with a clean cloth and leave overnight. Note that the sugar will naturally sink to the bottom but don’t worry about that.
- Transfer the ingredients to a large stainless-steel saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally so that the fruit does not stick.
- Remove the bay leaves, and pot into sterilised warm jars and seal.
- Store in a dark space for about a month before using.
- Once open, keep refrigerated
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef