- 2 large shallots, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped in two
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 50g oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 50g chestnut mushroom
- 100g peanuts
- 100g hazelnuts
- 100g brown breadcrumbs
- 50g nutritional yeast
- 100ml red wine
- a few sprigs thyme leaves
- 1 savoy cabbage
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Saute the shallots in the oil until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about ⅔ minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and for a couple of minutes.
- Place the nuts in a chopper and roughly chop. Make sure that the nuts too not become too finely grounded.
- In a large bowl combine the nuts, mushroom mixture and nutritional yeast. Add the red wine and thyme leaves and stir well.
- Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Blanch 8 savoy cabbage leaves in boiling water for a couple of minutes until tender. Drain the water and cut out the bottom stem of the leaves.
- Top tip – I normally cut out the bottom stem as this tends to be too thick.
- Wrap the savoy cabbage leaves around the tin, one each side and one at the bottom.
- Using your fingers spoon in the nut mixture into the loaf tin. Fold over the overhanging cabbage leaves over the top and place the remaining cabbage leaf on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef