- 1 inch ginger, finely grated
- 3tbs cumin seeds, grounded
- 3tsb coriander seeds, grounded
- 1inch turmeric root, finely grated
- 6tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 kohlrabi heads, grated
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 200ml filtered water
- juice of half a lime
- In a large bowl place the ginger, cumin, coriander, tumeric root, salt in the oil and leave to marinade overnight.
- The following day, place one of the kohlrabi heads with the water in the oil mixture. Leave to one side for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, gently fold in the other grated kohlrabi head with the pineapple. Squeze in the juice.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• Low in sodium
• High in dietary fiber
• Very high in manganese
• Very high in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society