- 1 inch ginger, finely grated
- 3tbs cumin seeds, grounded
- 3tsb coriander seeds, grounded
- 1inch turmeric root, finely grated
- 6tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 kohlrabi heads, grated
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 200ml filtered water
- juice of half a lime
- In a large bowl place the ginger, cumin, coriander, tumeric root, salt in the oil and leave to marinade overnight.
- The following day, place one of the kohlrabi heads with the water in the oil mixture. Leave to one side for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, gently fold in the other grated kohlrabi head with the pineapple. Squeze in the juice.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• Low in sodium
• High in dietary fiber
• Very high in manganese
• Very high in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva