Succulent tangy strawberry with peppery basil seeds sweetened with maple syrup and citrusy lemon; Strawberry Basil Pudding.
Skedaddle with some moist creaminess oozing down your throat… And, glug.
This recipe will throttle any belief that vegan food can’t be super easy to rustle up.
- When you’ve straddled a running stream. And, having gotten to the other side are ready for another adventure
- When you’ve just lost your mate in a breakup and need a quickie dessert to cheer up your sad sorry state
- When you’ve got a last-minute guest drop by. And, want a lush dessert that’ll get your guest to divulge all the juicy gossip
Strawberry Basil Pudding was inspired when wanting to create the Strawberry Girl look with food. Something quick and easy but equally added some colour.
This pudding is vegan, paleo and raw.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
High speed blender
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 200g strawberries
- 20g basil seeds
- 50ml maple syrup
- 400ml filtered water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ lemon, juice
- Soak the basil seeds in coconut milk with the maple syrup, lemon juice and salt for 30 minutes set to one side. Transfer to a large dish bowl. Chill.
- Spoon into dessert bowls.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with strawberries on top.