- 125g oats
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 100g sugar
- 2tbsp flax-seeds (optional)
- 125g sunflower butter
- 125 blackstrap molasses
- 1.5inch block of ginger, finely grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper, after having greased the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the oats.
- Add the sugar, flaxseeds, shredded ginger, flour, mixed spices and cinnamon.
- Place the butter into a not stick pan and gently turn on the heat.
- Spoon out the blackstrap molasses and place into the melted butter.
- Top tip – I boil the kettle and place boiling water into a glass dish. I dunk in a stainless steel spoon. This heated spoon ensures that as I take out the molasses from the jar, measure it and place into the melted butter, the molasses gently falls off the spoon. This way I do not waste any of the molasses.
- Gently cook the molasses and butter mixture, until it starts to almost boil.
- Fold the molasses into the butter mixture into the large mixing bowl. Mix for about 2 to 3 minutes using a mixer.
- Gently, place the mixture into the square till with a spatula. Flatten the top of the mixture with the spatula so that it is even all over.
- Bake the Parkin for about 30 minutes. The Parkin is ready when you can insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
- Remove the Parkin from the tin, and leave to cool, preferably on a metal slatted wrack. When it is cool, cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society