- 5g seaweed flakes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1tbs white wine vinegar
- 1tsp paprika powder
- pinch of salt
- 400g mushrooms, Portobello
- 75g sunflower seeds
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for an hour. Drain the excess water.
- Blend all the ingredients (save the mushrooms and sunflower seeds) to a fine consistency in the a food processor
- Add the mushrooms and sunflower and continue whizzing to the consistency you desire. I prefer to have small chunks of mushrooms and seeds.
- Serve with crackers.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society